Tuesday, May 12, 2009

In speech we had to write a How to Speech. As in, how to make or do something. Wow, a speech in speech! Just kidding. I did mine on how to make salsa. Another kid did theirs on how to perform a wheely on a wheel chair. I thought it was pretty cool. If your ever in the mood to make some Salsa, read this and explore the wonderfu world of salsa making!


How to make Salsa!
The salsa I am going to make my dad has been making for years. He even makes it when he got jalapeño juice squirted in his eye and got cut by the Quick Chopper blade. I have not done any of that yet and hope that it does not happen any time soon. When someone gets jalapeño juice in their eye, it is not pretty. Now I am going to list the steps and instructions how to make salsa. (P.S. A Quick Chopper is the mixer thing I used to mix and chop all of the ingredients together.)
The first step in making salsa is to get everything you need. First, I got my Quick Chopper out and ready to go. Next, you need to wash your hands, because otherwise that would just be gross. Then you need to get out all of your ingredients. The ingredients include one jalapeño, two cloves of garlic, and a onion. Don’t forget two medium size ripe tomatoes or a can of tomatoes. Which ever works best for you. I am using the can of tomatoes. You need lemon juice, garlic salt, and two sprigs cilantro. Also get a tablespoon and teaspoon for measuring purposes. You may also need a bowl. Lastly, you have to have a bag of tortilla chips.
Your second step in making salsa is to cut one fourth off of your onion because that is plenty. Next, if your using fresh tomatoes, quarter them. If not, open the can of tomatoes and use three of the tomatoes inside. Take four sprigs of cilantro, two cloves of garlic, and throw that with everything else into the Quick Chopper. Measure one teaspoon of garlic salt and two teaspoon of lemon juice. Dump those into the Quick Chopper. Now for the Jalapeño. Put in one third for mild salsa, two thirds for medium, and all of it for hot and spicy salsa. I put in the whole thing.
Now that you have all of the ingredients in, you can now mix. Mix to consistency desired. Mix more quickly for finer cuts. When your done mixing, pour into a bowl. Then grab a tortilla chip. Lastly and finally, you can take the taste test. (And hope that it tastes gooood!)
Now that I have taught you how to make salsa, I hope you enjoy. I also tried to make it very spicy. (P.S. Did you know that the seeds inside of a jalapeño are the hottest part of it?)
Sorry if it was alittle confusing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!I L-O-V-E comments!