Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Turtles







I love all of my turtle very much! I have had them for 5 years and they are suppose to live for decades, so they aren't going any where any time soon. I have four of them and they each have their own personalities. When I first got them, they each were the size of a quarter. Now Samantha is bigger than your hand, and the others are catching up.







This is Ben. Such a good boy, looking at the camera. He is a yellow belly turtle.




This is Samantha. She is humongo!! Samantha is a red eared turtle. OH MY GOODNESS she really is HUGE!!!





Dicken here is the sweetest. I LOVE him. When I first got him he was Noname because I did not know what to name him. Then I read the Secret Garden which has a character named Dicken. So, there you go. He is the smallest and a yellow belly.







These last two pictures are of Scraper. He was really afraid of the camera. I don't know why. He is weird. I named him Scraper because I brought him home in a brown bag and he scraped a hole in it. HAHAHAHA! He is also the reason why I have Ben and Samantha. Scraper escaped and was gone for eight days. If an aqua turtle if out of the water for more than 3-5 days, well you know.I got the yellow bellies so Samantha wouldn't be lonely, then I found Scraper. That is why I have four turtles. Scraper is a red eared turtle.

















4 comments:

  1. Four turtles! It's like having four guinea pigs! You must have a BIG tank then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! As the turtles got bigger the tank got bigger too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have 3 (red eared) turtles, Larry, Moe, and Curly. Shortly after getting them (thru the mail, can you believe it!? Mine were the size of quarters too.) Something unknown happened to Larry and he passed away. We think he had eaten some of the packing during his journey to us. : (

    We had Moe and Curly for 5 years, before they got too big. A lady who lives down our road (who is called the turtle lady because she has a countless number of turtles!) decided to adopt them. When they left our house, Moe (who was the smallest out of the 3) was the same diameter of a lobster pot. Curly was slightly smaller.

    Enjoy your turtles!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!I L-O-V-E comments!